This uncomplicated recipe for coconut balls starts with toasting the coconut to genuinely make the no bake deal with scrumptious. Only 3 substances for a sweet coconut truffle!
This recipe was made in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Click on Right here for the complete recipe.
Straightforward Toasted Toasted Coconut Balls!
I am so fired up to share this uncomplicated no bake coconut balls recipe with you now! These toasted coconut balls are a rapid model of a coconut macaroon, as great for your Xmas cookie platter as they are for a sweet address with a cup of coffee. Acquiring a handful of added easy recipes all around the holiday seasons to gift or host with is often helpful. And I have some enjoyable variation strategies for you much too! Toasting the coconut only provides a few excess minutes to the complete time, but truly add to the taste and texture. If you are a coconut lover these are for you.
For the Whole component checklist and printable recipe Click on Right here.
- Desiccated coconut
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mild brown sugar
What is Desiccated Coconut?
Desiccated coconut is the “meat” of the coconut that is shredded or flaked and dried. I use desiccated coconut in this recipe, alternatively of sweetened flaked or sweetened shredded coconut. The key distinction is that it is unsweetened. The other change is its shredded smaller sized that normal flaked coconut. I desire the desiccated coconut in this recipe, as the lesser shreds give a improved texture in the balls. The shreds aren’t really as lengthy which helps keep the balls jointly a tiny less difficult, and make a marginally denser ball. If you never have desiccated coconut, you can simply just pulse typical coconut flakes in the food items processor a few instances, producing a comparable end result. Think of is like the difference in between speedy oats and old-fashioned oats.
How To Make Coconut Balls/Instructions:
- Divide the coconut in half. Functioning in batches insert half the coconut into a significant nonstick skillet. Warmth in excess of medium-reduced heat until eventually golden and toasted, stirring frequently. When the coconut is toasted, transfer it to a massive baking sheet to great. Repeat with the remaining coconut.
- When the coconut is cooled, reserve 1/3 cup of the coconut and place in a tiny bowl for rolling. Established aside.
- In a significant bowl incorporate the remaining coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and brown sugar and stir to combine evenly.
- Making use of a smaller cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, part out the mixture and type into restricted ball 1-inch balls – 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Roll the coconut ball in the reserved toasted coconut and established on a parchment lined sheet to established. Repeat with the remaining combination.
- Enable the balls to set up at place temperature for an hour and then transfer to an airtight container to keep.
How to Retail store:
These coconut balls retail store incredibly. Store them airtight for up to a week at area temperature or up to 2 months in the refrigerator. They also freeze good to make ahead. Just keep them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw them at space temperature.
This recipe is so uncomplicated in its flavors, so it can very easily be amped up with variations! Here are a few fun strategies:
- Drizzle with or dip in melted chocolate! You can use semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate to make chocolate coconut balls! If you dip them in coconut, you can slice the chocolate with a minimal coconut oil or shortening to thin it out. Only use a fork to dip into the melted chocolate coating, tap off the extra chocolate, and enable them to established up at home temperature or in the fridge.
- Place an almond on top and dip the full ball in chocolate for an Almond Joy vibe! Actually any nuts would be good in these…think hazelnuts with a chocolate drizzle!
- You could even mix mini chocolate chips ideal into the coconut combination in advance of forming them into balls.
- Sprinkle in a very little cinnamon to to coconut mixture for a cinnamon sugar variation!
- Soften some caramel candies and drizzle caramel on top for a sticky sweet handle. Sprinkle a minimal flaked sea salt on that caramel for the final salted caramel truffle.
- Include in a minimal vanilla extract, almond extract, or rum extract to genuinely include far more flavor to these coconut truffles. You could even increase in a minimal coconut extract to incorporate to the coconut taste!
Love Coconut? Check out These Recipes As well:
PIN for afterwards: